Monday, July 23, 2007

Beautiful faces of Harlem..







We are back from a week in NYC and it was an amazing week! These are some of the faces that we met in Harlem. We spent every day with a team of 53 in the projects and streets of Harlem. I fell in love with these children as they all had a different story - some very happy and some extremely heartbreaking. I wanted to bring them all home! I can't help tear up as I post these pictures as I can vividly remember each one and the imprint that they left on my heart. There are hundreds of pictures that I need to go through, but these are just a few I pulled out to post for now. The last image is Pearl- she is 89 years old and sharp as a tack and as sweet as she can be. She had the biggest smile just sitting back on a bench watching the children play and knitting doll dresses.
God was so good to us while we were there.. we had perfect weather and ran into no difficulties. It was amazing to see 337 people give their heart to God! **To everyone on the team: Don't ever forget those little faces!**
I would love to hear your comments... so don't forget to leave me one!
~Libby

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I already miss those faces!! I'm off in a few to mail Capricia a little care package... She said she'd be waiting by the mailbox on Wed. Wow Libby! Thank you for capturing their hearts in these photos!! God did some incredible things!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
Keitha

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Libby - you really captured them well and the eyes give so much more to the story don't they! Thank you for sharing the Good News with them, and the pictures with us!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Wow, Libby! Looks like an amazing time! I would LOVE to hear more about Harlem and what you guys did there! Sounds like God did some amazing things I would love to hear about it all! The pictures are beautiful, the children are beautiful, God's saving power is beautiful! Great job!

Anonymous said...

You captured the depth of their souls through the eye of the camera. What an amazing week you must have had. God will bless your outreach and who knows how He may use some of those who accepted Him into their hearts.

Whitney said...

Breath-taking! That's the only word I can think of to describe the beauty captured in these pics! Thank you for sharing! I love you!

Jessica said...

Wow, beautiful pics and story! Between your gorgeous photos and the outreach work you do, you inspire me! I hope you dont mind, I am going to add a link to your blog on mine!

Anonymous said...

beautiful...i need to learn all your stuff...love ya and glad you are back
-Holly

Mari said...

WOW Libby and our "family" gets bigger and bigger...no GREATER reward than the everlasting life God has promised us if we come to him in Faith.

LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures.....I had an amazing time with you in NYC....love ya TONS!!!
Caitlin*

Loaf 4 :) said...

these are so awesome!!i missed yall so much!! i hope i get yo go next year!! i will call you and talk to you about going to sages gymnastics!! i love you so incredibly much!!!
allyb

p.s
thanks for the comment

Becca said...

WOW, Libby!!!! I'm so glad that you were able to have that experience in NY! God is soooooo good and I love to hear about what he is doing in people's lives! Your photos are amazing! What a gift you have both of capturing the outward appearance and touching the heart!
Becca

Anonymous said...

Even though I missed the trip your pictures brought to mind what the trip was all about - those wonderful faces! Not only do they identify your passion of photography but your love for children and the Lord!
Stephanie

Melinda Bunker said...

Captivating images Libby...really touching!I would LOVE to see more!
XOXO,
Melinda

Heather said...

OH my goodness - these are just breath taking photos Libby....

Mary said...

WOW!!! I love these Libby. your perspective is just awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Libby - all I can say is WOW!! These pictures are amazing. God has truly given you a gift. I know God has wonderful things in store for your ministry, but you are soooo missed!! Dina

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. Please note: If you are using Internet Explorer you will not be able to access the blog. A different search engine(Sarari, Firefox, etc.) will have to be used. Please visit
http://www.LibbyBradyPhotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.